Tuesday, January 26, 2010

much accomplished and much to go.

Josey sweetly spilled a cup of water over my cell phone so it now buzzes, apparently when I talk to people. However, the buzz is only on their side, so either I need a new phone or they need new ears. I'm going with the new phone so I cashed in our insurance on our att plan and I am getting a new phone sent out. It's blue not green which is super sad but it should work. Here's hoping.

Before Donnie left for work we were discussing the fact that we were going to have to sit in the 3 hours a Tuesday night class for 10 weeks and listen to someone tell us how to be parents. Now, we know we are not by any means perfect parents but we do strive to be the best we can be. Minus the screaming fits. Mine, not Josey's. So we decided that our tax return is the amount it is for a reason. I'll come back to the rest later.

Yesterday I was able to help out a friend and there was more received on my end then on theirs. I got to hold one of the cutest little boys ever! And while I was doing that I fell in love with the idea of a baby. Then later we went to the Teel's to help with the heater/ac, Donnie not me and mostly Jerry not him, and while I was playing with their little one I realized I want a baby. Josey will just have to deal with being four years older because I WANT A BABY!!!!

So this morning I woke up and went to my parents to use their phone so that I could hear and got my phone situation taken care of. Then I called LDSFS to set up an appt and get some paper work to get us a baby! So with that said, Robin, our caseworker, is sending it tomorrow and then she will either come here or we will go to Georgia.

I realized yesterday that with the whole adoption thing I was expecting to find our kid that accidentally went to the wrong family but that's not really how it works. God doesn't make mistakes. I think I've realized this before, but it didn't stick. So there isn't necessarily a kid out there that was supposed to come to us and didn't just a kid that somewhere is supposed to come to us and went to the right birth mom first. We are so anxious to get things rolling and find us a baby. It's going to be a fun and interesting journey.

So if any of you have a baby you don't want (I know, I know) or know someone who is putting a baby up for adoption let us know.

1 comment:

  1. You can do this! It may not be tomorrow or next week or even next month, but it will happen. Good Luck with the process and start putting your family story together for the "It's about love" web page.

    ReplyDelete