Wednesday, December 30, 2009

For the little boy to come into our lives...

Adoption is just right. I know that there is a time and a place for all things in life. If I would have learned that, truly learned that, I would have saved myself three years of heartache. However, had I done that I wouldn't have grown or learned as much as I have in these past three years. Ha! I said grown! Hopefully that's the case anyway. 


I have been feeling like for a really long time that there is a little boy waiting to come into our family. What I didn't realize until a few months ago is that he is already here, waiting to be found by us, his family. The feeling is getting so much stronger that we are to search for our little boy. 


When we started talking about adoption, before Donnie was deployed, I knew it was something we needed to do but was so uncomfortable with the idea. It wasn't the right time. Then we found out Donnie was getting deployed and had to stop, again, not the right time but I was relieved, not sad. I had it stuck in my head that the only way I would be happy with adding kids to our family was through us, biologically. I know that Heavenly Father prepares us for all things and that had I not gone through my life and trials I don't think I would be where I am now and ready to accept and fully open myself up to the idea of adoption. 


What a blessing it is that these little babies can find homes that are better suited for them. Whether it's that they went to the wrong family ( I don't think so because God doesn't make mistakes) or that they just need more family (I'm thinking this might be it) we won't know but I do know that at this time in our lives adoption is going to work.


I am so excited about the possibility of our little boy. I know he's out there somewhere and it's just a matter of finding him. The first little boy that I fell in love with just by looking at him is a no go. We were told that we can't adopt out of state until six months after we finish the classes with DHR. They don't seem very interested however, in getting us started. Then yesterday something really strange happened. I have no idea if it's going to work out but it's a lead and that's what this life is all about, following the Spirit and following leads. 


So a friend of mine, a dear friend of mine, was on Facebook yesterday and we were chatting and catching up and I told her we are going to adopt. She asked if we were going through the church and I said no. We really want to adopt a toddler. I want to have my own baby, which I know I will do someday, so we want a little bit older. Anyway, I told her we were going through the state and she asked how we felt about one that wasn't in the system and I said of course! We are open to all possibilities and she told me that a member of her family had a baby who is now 18 months old. We talked about it last night and we are definitely taking the lead. We were really excited about it. It's strange, I'm excited but calm. Those two things, I wasn't aware, could exist in the same place. 


Anyway, we are waiting to hear back from her about what the grandparents want to do. She said they definitely want to be involved and how awesome is that? We would have three sets of grandparents for our kids! Not many are that blessed! So we are just waiting and praying. It's all very exciting! I'm going to have a little boy! EEEPPPP!!!!! Whether it's this boy or another, we are really excited! I'm even trying to think of what to do to the room. I'm thinking gray (thanks Corrie) with frogs. I love frogs. And then we can change it later to whatever but little boys like frogs right? How fun and so exciting! It's so true when one door closes another one bigger and better opens. What joy comes from this life.

3 comments:

  1. "LEAP FROG LEAP!!" Good luck, I'm praying for you! Isn't it wonderful when you are finally ready to take that Leap of faith.

    ReplyDelete