Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our process of adoption....

Adopting is something that we have always wanted to do and for one reason or another have been dragging our feet and coming up with every excuse under the sun as to why not to do it. Well, the thinking and praying and that nagging feeling you have to do something hasn't gone away. We have decided to pursue this path at this time. I guess this is where I will keep people updated. It will be much easier.

So far we are at the paper work stage. We are going to go through DHR or the state rather than the church. As much as we would love to have a new born, debt isn't the way to bring a child into this world, and that is the only way we could do it if we had to pay large amounts for it. It is so sad to me to think of all the kids out there that need homes and can't have them because people can't afford to get them.

We are opening up every door possible to add to our family. We have been emailing back and forth trying to find the right people to contact. I think we may have found the person. We aren't picky about gender or race but we want a healthy baby and will not take anyone that is older than Josey. We are excited about the possibility that this new avenue will bring and are grateful to those of you wanting to share in our journey.

I'm also finding it hilarious how difficult it has been for me to choose a blog background! There are just too many cute ones. Too funny!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. And for picking your blog, two months in a row you have picked the same one I had up. Next month I'll let you pick first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy: that's funny. I didn't eve see yours. Either month! I'm a slacker on reading everyone else's. But I do have to say, great minds thing alike.

    ReplyDelete