Tuesday, July 20, 2010

this roller coaster we call adoption. WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So not even approved yet and the fun begins. Now that the family has all been informed (most anyway) I can post our real update on here. Nothing for real and certainly not huge but worth mentioning. When I began this adventure I decided I would take it in stride and for what it was but now I've decided that I will get excited about every possibility and prepare to the fullest for each.

I am quite certain that my days of ttc (my still days) were and are all in preparation for this. I believe this to possibly be harder and maybe more frustrating at times because it's not only relying completely on the Lord but I really and literally have no control over the choices the other parties involved will make.

I will mourn in times of mourning and rejoice in times of joy. That sounds funny, but it is true. This is and will be the most exciting and possibly a more heart breaking (at times) journey than just trying to have a biological baby. So as of today we are excited about the possibility.

On with the point... While we were meeting with Jenni, we mentioned that we had checked into DHR and the thought came to her of two kids (two girls) that were possibly needing a home. Grandparents are wanting a family that is young to be able to give them what they would most enjoy. I can't imagine how hard that decision must have been but so grateful that it has been made. There is another couple who is considering it and they are also preparing for a birth mom to place with them as well. So we are back up. We may have a 9 year old and a 1 year old. This is obviously all up in the air and like I said we have NO control over it. Thankfully, though if they don't come to our home they will be going to another LDS family which comforts me.

It's very strange the way Heavenly Father works in our individual lives and how even if you don't pray for things you receive answers and confirmations to questions and situations to come. I'm definitely not sure why things work this way but nevertheless, they do. I'm thankful for a testimony and my ability to acknowledge the Lord's promptings in our lives. We are open to many situations and are so looking forward to the day we bring our baby (or babies) home.

At first I was telling myself and our family not to get their hopes up but really, why not? We will be sad no matter what if they don't come to us so why not enjoy the possibilities as they come. This is a really big milestone for me to have reached in my life because I used to always think the worst and expect the worst so as to not be disappointed with the outcome. But really? Life is too short for negativity and too many opportunities are lost in sadness so I'm trying, striving, everyday to make that day a happy positive one. I'm so looking forward to things to come and so enjoying it as it is.

And remember to remind me to reread this post when I'm back to the blah attitude:) Thanks in advance. Oh and just a warning: please remind me to read this and nothing else or you have the potential and great possibility of losing your head:)

No comments:

Post a Comment