Thursday, August 19, 2010

step who knows which one

Step one: Contact LDSFS
Step two: Fill in monsterous loads of paperwork.
Step three: Individual interviews.
Step four: Possibility of kids.
Step five: Wait to find out about possibility of two girls.
Step six: Wait to hear about whether the other family has decided to adopt the girls.
Step seven: Wait for Jenni to get back from forever awesome summer travels.
Step eight: Keep waiting but getting excited!
Step nine: Paint baby's room because someday there will be one. Leave one blank in case it's a boy or a girl.
Step ten: Wait.

So we've made it passed step ten onto step eleven. When we return from our trip from Florida (which is where we are now and loving every minute of it) we will await a phone call from the Grandma of our two maybe's. We are praying our maybe's turn into our definites. That's right. The two girls we were waiting to hear about, we've heard and are headed to meet them when we get home. We will provide an adoption plan and proceed with it. Donnie is being very cautious I think but my heart is already in it. I am already considering myself a mom of three beautiful girls. It will be a major adjustment but it will be so good for our family.

I can't remember if I posted the experience from church a few weeks ago but Sister Otis was there and was talking about the temple. I was day dreaming while listening and wondering if Josey will be able to go into the temple will we are all sealed together and imagining the day and what it is going to be like. During my day dreams Sister Otis was about to finish her talk and relayed a story (an unplanned story) of how she was able to attend the sealing of a family who had adopted a 9 year old girls and at the end of the sealing the sister had gotten up from the alter and went in a circle and hugged all of her new sealed togther family. My mom and I immediately looked at each other and were both full of tears. I was so giddy after that and kind of knew that it would all work out.

I'm so excited for what's to come. Not looking forward to all the legal stuff but as all things that Heavenly Father is in control of, this will go off without a hitch if it is His will. And thankfully we have Him on our side. It's going to be a long process but the day we are able to attend the temple and have all of our hard work and waiting sealed in the presence of our Lord and our Father, it is going to make every second worth it! EEEEkkkk! Is really all I can say.

It's kind of crazy to think that we will soon (I suppose for just in case sake, possibly) be the parents of three adorable girls. It's so exciting!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot home study. That's scheduled for August 28th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roni! I am so happy for you guys! I know your heart must be bursting with joy! I wish you nothing but smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete