Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Alma and our days today.

While I've been reading through Alma and learning of the great wars and tribulations they experienced, I also loved the victories and the glories they gave to God when they did succeed. I found it quite interesting how much it talks about a government that has been corrupted (not talking about anyone imparticular) and they were not acknowledging God in all things. I see that so much today and how sad it is that our governement, repulicans and democrats alike are corrupting the very foundation our country was built on. I'm so grateful for a gospel that shows why all things happens and gives us hope and a sure knowledge that as bad as it's going to get (I imagine it will get worse) we have that promise and bright place ahead to focus on. I pray daily for our government that they will repent and find God and apply His principles in their daily dealings with our sacred land.

On another note, I had a great birthday yesterday. I am SO grateful for Joy and Heidi and Elizabeth and Eden for joining Josey and I at breakfast. We had such a great time. It was a great way to start a great day. We then adventured to the pumpkin patch, which I am extremely grateful that we will be going to again with a homeschool group next week because there was so much fun stuff to do. Then Josey and I came home and I got to play with my new gel nails kit and then we went to dinner with some more great friends. Joy and Greg and Rebecky:) and Freda and Donnie and Grandma and Donnie and Rowena and all the kiddos that come with those people and my parents. They tried to surprise me but I had a feeling they would be there:) I didn't get a birthday cake, so I'll be getting one this weekend from Walmart because I love me a good Walmart cake. But it was fabulous. We had a great time visiting at OCharly's and the food was great. The kids were awesome and it was so fun to share my day with some awesome people. Donnie was so sweet. He got me some flowers and a cute card about a boy and a girl who fell in love. Ahhhh... (now you may turn your head and commence throw up)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great (deserved) birthday! Thanks for inviting us to breakfast.

    ReplyDelete