Sunday, October 11, 2009

Overcome with (in this order)

Gratitude for those who have been baptized and the spirit that they brought today to the confirmation.

Joy for the baby blessing we had today.

Gratitude for the baby I have that is growing so remarkably and turning into such a beautiful girl.

Sadness for the baby I have that is growing so remarkably and turning into such a big beautiful girl.

Anxiety for the anger that was creeping into my heart for not having been blessed with another baby.

Anger for not having been blessed with another baby.

Heartache for not having been blessed with another baby.

Fear that we will never be blessed with another baby.

Sorrow for the feelings of anger that I have worked so hard for so long to turn into love and hope.

Heartache for my inability to allow the atonement to work in my life daily and for the pain this causes to my Savior.

Sorrow for the empty feeling I had today as I watched the beautiful blessing of the new spirit.

Sadness for the empty feeling.

Jealousy for what I don't have.

Sorrow, heartache and pure repentance for the jealousy for what I don't have.

Gratitude for my husband.

Gratitude for my daughter.

Gratitude that I have been sealed to my husband and daughter for time and all eternity.

Gratitude for the friends that cared enough to notice my heartache and give me a hug when I needed it most.

Gratitude for a husband that knew exactly what to say.

And more than anything this day, I am overcome with pure joy and awe at the amazing life I am so blessed to be living. I am so grateful for my daughter, for my testimony in a gospel that creates love, friendships, charity, faith, hope and above all, an unwavering testimony that my Savior lives. That He loves ME and that He atoned for my sins so that I might be able to have joy and peace in this life. Without hope we have fear and without love we have hate. I want love and hope, not fear and hate. I want to live my life so that when I am at the feet of my Savior I will hear Him say "Well done." I am so grateful that during this moment of sadness and jealousy and anger and hate that I had this day and the temptations I had from Satan to lose my hope and faith in things that I KNOW will come, that my Savior was there for me to lean on. That through others that crossed my path this day, my unknown prayers were answered and I was brought back from a place I don't ever want to go again.

I learned however that it's so important to not only be doing good but to be humble and know that I am a human and have so many faults and I will fall. Everyday I will fall but after the fall, there is light and love and warmth and comfort in the Lord. Through Him my sins are forgiven and I can have joy. I want for nothing. I need for nothing. I am for the Lord and because of that I have all that I need and all that I can ever want. How blessed I truly am this day to have a testimony that the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to this earth through the prophet Joseph Smith and that we have a living prophet today, even Thomas S. Monson. What a blessing to have temples on this earth that we can perform the sacred ordinances that allow us to live once again with not just our family but with our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so glad for the timing of the Lord. I am so grateful that my faith is in Him, the one I serve and profess my faith to and my life to this day and every day to come.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment: