Thursday, October 1, 2009

Book of Mormon in 30 days day 1.

So today I have started. It took me 45 minutes to read the first part. It was 1 Nephi 1-10. It's amazing to me that I can speed read the scriptures and still understand what I'm reading. I learned today that Sariah had much faith in her husband. For she didn't gain her testimony until after they had fled into the wilderness. I believe that we really are sent to this earth with a purpose and that it took a special woman to be married to him to believe him and follow him in his dealings with the Lord. It also stood out to me that it truly doesn't matter to many if they  have heavenly manifestations or signs if they aren't truly converted. Lamen and Lemuel were shown the power of God many times over and still didn't have the faith necessary to follow Him. In their day they had to wait for the coming of the Savior. They were born in a time when there was no gospel. No baptism, no ordinances, no temples, no support system but each other. Not only are we blessed to live in this time but we are blessed to have a prophet to guide and direct us. We have a HUGE support system no matter where we go, we have the ability to go to the temple, to be baptized, to be sealed to our families for time and eternity. I wonder if their work had to be done for them? If they couldn't be baptized because of the priesthood not being here then their work has to be done right? Interesting thought. Anyone know the answer?

1 comment:

  1. keep us posted on your epiphanies! I read it through quickly a few years ago and it was indeed a great experience. I know you'll love it and get what you pray to get from the experience.

    ReplyDelete