Saturday, September 12, 2009

bloody noses and black eyes. I'm so proud!

Why am I am? Well, I get to go to Sam's Club today. Freda is picking me up at 7 so here I sit, waiting for time to pass so I can go get in the shower. Josey just woke up from her bed and went potty and got in bed with daddy. She is SUCH a big girl! I'm so proud of her. She hasn't had an accident in quite a while. It seems to be my fault if she does because I don't remind her to go or I forget to take her at night because I'm just too tired. She is so funny. At night, she usually falls asleep on the couch, I used to too and I turned out sort of alright, and then we take her potty around 10 or 11 whenever bedtime comes. She sleeps on the potty and usually goes. It's hilarious. She rocks back and forth and sometimes tries to lay down on the potty. It's too hilarious! I wonder if that is inappropriate to tape because I really should.

I had a thought but alas, at 5:49 in the morning, I have lost it. That's not really a surprise now is it? My mom is coming today this morning kind of and I'm giving Donnie a to do list in order of importance so my mom doesn't have a heart attack when she gets here. (love you mom) See, she has instilled in us a few traits that sometimes take and mostly don't. She is a VERY clean and organized person. She will claim that it is because her never going to sell house is on the market. Hmmm... Maybe she should blog about it. It seemed to work for Alicia. I think I'll mention that. Ok, sidetracked yet again... All I'm sayin is now it's 5:51 in the morning. Ok, clean organized, etc. Even when her house is messy it's clean and it's usually only messy when we are over. So I've been trying to use this characteristic that I MUST have been born with, it's got to be genes right? Can't I just turn it off and on? Ok, so HA! Donnie just closed the door because I'm typing to loud!!! Must not be able to sleep through anything! SUCKER!!!! LOL!!! I wonder where Peggy is. Ok, so I've been doing an ok job with keeping the house clean but come on, I do have a three year old! And we have started our preschool. Oh well, I can come up with a million excuses and none of them are good enough. So I will continue to not blame it on jeans and continue to hope that she doesn't have a heart attack when she comes over today (love you mom). It's actually not as bad as it used to be all the time. Maybe she won't notice. Oh wait, I think she reads this blog.

Anyway, I had a few friends over last night. Donnie calls football and Jared does the band thing and Rebecca's (it's spelled wrong but she said no one spells it right and I just want to fit in) RIGHT! So her hubby went fishin with the boys so we hung out. And much to my surprise and pure delight Rowena came too. I love them. It was a fun girls night of talking. The kids were AWESOME and followed the two rules of either watch the movie or play in the playroom with the toys. The did really well and I didn't have much heart attack avoidance to do when they left. I finished sewing Josey's B (her right hip attachment). Her B started as my nightgown until she got a hold of it so I cut it and stitched it and made it to a B. Unfortunately it is very thin material and with the love it has received, not only from her, but us, because it helps her sleep, it has fallen apart. So we went to Hobby Lobby and picked out some really fluffy awesome til you cut it because then you are covered in fuzz and it goes up your nose, fabric. And I took a few of the remaining B pieces and sewed them on and then sewed the new B in half. I did it all by hand because I'm impatient and because I don't have a sewing machine. So it isn't perfect but what B is perfect that is loved. NONE!
So now the sun is coming up and I'm going to go check FB and then go shower so I can be ready when Freda gets here at 715. No I mean 700. We'll see. (love you Freda) So have a glorious Saturday and Oh, I guess if I'm going to title this blog "bloody nose and black eyes" I need to explain!

My little bawler, my little princess, my little scary girl, last night at gymnastics, was running into the pit (a big 7 food hole in the ground filled with mats and foam cubes (so fun) and didn't see the little girl or her head and the smashed. Heads that is. Josey started to laugh, probably so she wouldn't cry, or maybe just because she's Josey, and the other girl started spouting blood from her teeny tiny nose. Anyway, it must have been her first because her mom freaked and was NOT happy AT ALL! Oh well, little kids are going to get hurt. The first time Josey ever bled, she smashed her mouth on the side of the tub, I was quite certain she would grow up without her first front teeth and that her tongue was going to fall off! Hey, I was a new mom and it was her first. I think it's quite possible that I felt 10 times worse than the other mom. Josey was very quick to apologize and just followed her around to make sure she was ok. After I made her apologize. I don't think she got what happened really but it was an excellent opportunity to brag on her ability to forgive. Positive reinforcement and all. So my kid was the giver of her first bloody nose and black eyes (because I'm almost certain that both of the little girls eyes and nose will bruise) And at least it was just an accident, no fists involved!

And who thought that gymnastics was a contact sport and that when they say "stick it" it could be dangerous! Gotta love the USA man!

For some reason, I can't find the spell check. 608 in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment