Saturday, September 19, 2009

A perfect September Saturday

Today, this glorious Saturday, started out with rain. It was fanamenal to wake up to the rain falling from the roof. But it did make me have to pee. So I was up by 6 a.m. and running around the house like mad trying to get ready to go run before it stopped raining. I had planned to do a two hour run today but alas, it did not happen. I was running and loving the feeling of rain pouring down my face and the sound of the rain on the lake when the ditch started to flood, I flopped into a HUGE water puddle, my shoes were wet to my ankles, and on top of all that, I was so wet I was carrying around another twenty pounds or so. I felt like when I started running. Slow and unable. So next Saturday it is. Maybe, the primary thing is next Saturday so I guess that won't work either. Anyway, I ran a mile and a half in about 15 minutes. Not bad, and I felt like I was going slow. Oh well, to the car I went and home I came to freeze myself when I walked in and realized the air conditioner was on! WHAT!!!!!???? It was SOOOO cold. I immediately turned into an icicle. After I thawed, Josey woke up and Donnie got up.

We did some laundry, showered, and I watched Psych. Awesome show! It's hilarious! On USA if you are interested. Then we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. YUM! Except it was so slow all of our insides started to come out. Not literally but it sure sounded like it would have been literal any moment. Then Donnie and Josey dropped me off at my home away from home. Yes, you guessed it, the thrift store. I love that place! I did start my clomid today for this cycle and I was feeling a bit weird. And the hot flashes started. Freezing following one from the sweat that accumulates, taking off the sweatshirt, putting it back on. Ugh! Donnie and Josey went to the arcade in the mall and then came back and got me. Then we rented some movies. Valkyrie, I think that's how it's spelled, Einstein, remember Einstein. 17 Again, Corilina, and um... I can't remember. I think two Barbie movies for Josey. Then we came back home and made some popcorn and Josey watched the Barbie movie on the computer while Donnie and I watched the other one.

Now our pizza is ready and need I say more? The end to a perfect, rainy, cool, September Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Psych! I'm always sad when I pull it up (online) and there isn't a new one to watch. Awesome show. Have you seen Number 1 ladies' detective agency? It is on HBO so I have to watch it on DVD but I've seen two episodes and I LOVE it. I think you would too.

    Thanks again for coming tonight, we had such a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete